1. 十之八九我们能赢。The chances are ten to one that we will win.
2. 现在他没有心情来处理这些事情。He is in no mood for these matters.
3. 小镇人满为患。The town was filled to overflowing.
4. 为了达到这个目的，你必须努力。To this end, you should work hard.
5. 这样一来就没有必要再做一遍了。As such, there's no need to do it again.
6. 他对学习没有一丁点兴趣。He doesn't have the least spark of interest instudy.
7. 大家都笑弯了腰。All doubled up in laughter.
8. 显然我们触碰到了他的痛处。We have evidently touched his sore spot.
9. 这两种观点形成了鲜明的对比。The two points stand in stark contrast to eachother.
10. 别急着开始。Don't be in a hurry to start.
11. 一有机会他就练习英语口语。 He practised his oral English at the firstopportunity.
12. 我们都指望他来解决这个问题。We all look to him to solve this problem.
13. “我们只是想要一点帮助，”有人插话说。"We just want some help," someonechimed in.
14. 他使出全身力气把门猛地关上。He banged the door with all the force he couldmuster.
15. 为了达到目的，他会不择手段。To attain his goal he would stop at nothing.
16. 他的演讲触及了每个听众内心最深处。His speech touched every heart to the core.
17. 一想到考试，他的心就凉了。At the thought of the exam, he felt his heartfreeze.
18. 他一屁股坐在椅子里。He flopped down into the chair.
19. 乡村生活让我和农民密切接触。Country life brought me into close contact withpeasants.
20. 雷不停地打，雨倾盆而下。Thunders kept cracking and rain poured down.
21. 我被暴风雨困住了。I was caught in a storm.
22. 父亲在小费上有点小气。Father was stingy with his tips.
23. 经济濒临崩溃边缘。Economy is on the verge of collapse.
24. 第二名被他甩下一大截。He is quite a distance beyond the student nextbehind him.
25. 站直了。Draw yourself up to your full height.
26. 他摸索着进了自己的房间。He fumbled into his room.
27. 他在桌子旁边坐下来，心情很好。He sat down to the table in a good humor.
28. 我比昨天多做了整整三分之一的工作。I did a good third more work than yesterday.
29. 吵闹声淹没了他的呼喊。The noises drowned his call.
30. 一言以蔽之，努力是成功的关键。Suffice to say, hard work is the key to success.
31. 他们一点也没有受到干扰。They were in no way bothered.
32. 他被紧紧地绑起来。He was bound fast with cords.
33. 他被免于处罚。He was exempted from punishment.
34. 他们抗议了很久，但无济于事。They protested long, but to no avail.
35. 他碰到我绝非偶然。It was by no accident that he met me.
36. 我听不懂他在说什么。I could make nothing of what he said.
37. 这让他显得更加无知。It betrayed his ignorance still more.
38. 倘若碰到危险，怎么办?What if we were trapped in dangers?
39. 今天没有船开往新加坡。No ships are bound for Singapore today.
40. 我们注定要放弃这个假期了。We are doomed to quit this vacation.
41. 这里有5只平底船。Here are 5 flat-bottomed boats.
42. 相对他们的年龄，这实在太重了。It's far too heavy for their age.
43. 既然这样，我们走吧。Such being the case, let's go.
44. 大家加快了脚步。Everybody hastened his steps.
45. 深冬，大家很少外出。In the depth of winter, we seldom go out.
46. 年底，生意火起来了。At the close of year, business boomed.
47. 这种李子味道还算不错。This plum is tolerably good.
48. 拖了三个月他才去看医生。After 3 months' lingering illness he went tosee his doctor.
49. 站在那里，他牙关紧咬一言不发。He stood with his teeth set, not a single worduttered.
50. 看着他，我心中一紧。It made my heart tighten to look at him.